blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

22.6.04

William Shatner presents..


I remember
the night we met
that night we sat
entwined
under summer skies
I looked into your eyes
and you looked into mine

you said, "you're not like the rest"
and I nodded
"no one understands me,"
you said
and I nodded once again,
as if to agree that all men
are indeed the same
"somehow," you said,
I was different

Floating hand in hand we
whisper in the moonlight
and say that I'm
the things you want to see

for months on end
I maintained
a veneer of sincere interest
as if I were listening
as you relived every page
of self-help and new age
that you had read

and I went in for the kill
I'd read the same books
I learned to ape the motions
of a "sensitive" human being
and we were "oh-so-happy",
but you found things too fixed
and I knew it was time
to move on

so now you have me
completely figured out
you feel sorry for me
I can't express my feelings,
I can't tell the truth
we are all alike

at puberty I was sworn to secrecy
by the international brotherhood
of lying fickle males
I can't tell you anything
and I can't commit!

you're right!
I can't commit...
to you!

I will always treasure
our time together
I don't feel enough of anything
to harbor the kind of disdain
that you'll maintain
you painted me into what you
wanted to see,
and that's fine,
but you will never know me



...I never thought that I would ever be capable of listening to William Shatner and consider it beautiful, but.. I've been proven wrong. Though, it does of course help that it was written by Ben Folds.

So summer's been pretty groovy so far. Hope it stays this way. Hopefully Collin and I will really get this movie in motion soon.
Comments:
Fuckin Bill Shatner
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?