blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

29.2.04

Where was I, I forgot the point that I was making...


Individuals yesterday. But before I get ahead of myself.

Thursday we went out to Jenny's, to Taco Johns, and then back to Jenny's.. stayed out till late, and it was kind of fun. I got in around 1 or so, left a note for my dad not to wake me up the next morning because there was no school, got on the computer for a bit, and then went to bed. Next morning I got up around 1 and didn't do shit all day. Around 5, I just had to get out of the house, so I started walking randomly. I wound up at Revelations. Hosbond was there with some old woman (oh you dog, you), and I passed him on the way to going upstairs. I didn't know what I wanted to read, and as I was about to leave the upstairs, I randomly looked at the Science shelf and spyed a big book on Chaos theory.

So I sat down and read it. For 2 hours. Good stuff. I've been interested in Chaos ever since reading Crichton's Jurassic Park and The Lost World (seriously, they're nothing like the movie - look into them). Well, I only got through the first chapter. My attention was waning for the last 10 pages of the chapter (it was like.. 40 pages or so), so it took me a bit longer than expected, but I got all the way through the Butterfly effect. Interesting about how chaos came about.. an accident involving a simple weather model and a roundoff error on an early computer. Anyway.. After that I went home to see if anyone was on the internet that I could hang out with.. I ended up going to the coffee house with Kelsey while Tiffany was working there. Michelle showed up which was cool, and Kelsey said a few other people were coming back.. Not exactly people I would hang out with normally (except carrie and maybe steve), but good enough company. But then.. everyone came. Tyler, Justin, etc. They're not bad guys, but a bit too.. sophmoric for my tastes. Way too sophmoric.


You face.. The TICK

Anyway.. I went to Collin's house around 10, as I didn't want to be the guy who has to get called and woken up by someone on the bus saying "where the hell are you!?".. well, at Collin's, I went up into his room and we watched several episodes of the Tick (live action, or should i call it LOVE action! har! god I love that show. and if you dont, you should be shot. because it's better than any show you like), and went to bed around 1. There were no clocks in the basment that I could think of (I even checked the VCR at one point - nothing). Through the night I periodically woke up, but not knowing what time it was I couldn't tell how long it would be until we had to get up. Well, finally one time I woke up and I thought "wow.. it's awfully light outside... why hasn't Collin woken me up yet?" I went upstairs to the kitchen to check the oven clock, and..... 6:31. oh SHIT. I start running to the stairs, and.. the phone rings. I run back to pick it up, but Heather has already gotten it. I could tell it was carrie, but I hung up the phone as soon as Collin got it and started running upstairs. I popped my head into his room, and said (rather assholish, i must admit :/), "good job!" then ran downstairs and started changing.

We ran to the bus, and headed off. I sat next to Pappin and talked to he and Sam and others.. beautiful sunrise, fun showing people Soccor Practice, and when we got to Keokuk, we took our stuff to the gym and set up. It was still a while before anyone performed, so we all wandered around and played Stepmania on Evan's computer for a while. Eventually, it was Collin's turn to do improv, so a bunch of people went in there. It went pretty well, although you could tell he didn't really care all that much about the performance - it was still pretty funny, although a bit slow.

Throughout the day, some stuff happend, I owe some people money for food, and there were some good performances. I got a I, along with nearly everyone else. Sam's improv was great, too. Too bad Nolan got a 2 (though I heard he deserved a 1). But at 11ish, Collin told me he was going to drop out of his Acting because he had never practiced it, and, in fact, had almost none of it memorized. I convinced him that he should do it, and we wandered around and found a computer we could print it off of. He had till about 1 to memorize it, and the performance.. went as expected. He didn't have any time to work on characters, and switching between them was too slow, but at least he performed it. Oh, and Ann's acting was amazing. Even moreso that she wrote it.

Busride back was fun, and afterwards was good too. Pappin, Evan and I went with Carrie and drove around. Steve eventually broke off and went to the MSAE night of theater thing (hopefully Ill see it next weekend), and it was pretty boring for a while. Carrie, Evan, and I went into the coffee shop.. Sable eventually showed up, and then.. Justin, Tyler, etc showed up.. that was.. delightful. But then Tiffany, Collin, and Michelle showed up, as did Joel. After showing them Soccor Practice, Evan left and Joel, Tiffany, Michelle, Collin, and I were going to go on a walk, and all the other people left.. but they left sable behind, so she joined us.. we went to Howard park and it was pretty boring. I started to get a headache, which sucked.. Joel informed us that if we didn't leave soon, Lisa Matt and friends would come and join us, so.. we left. We walked to the square, waited for Joel and Collin to do various things and rejoin us, then I said I was cold because I didn't have a coat, so.. we drove to Tiffany's to get it. After that, we decided just to drive somewhere.


This is a car. This is what you drive around in. But this is no ordinary car. This is a delorian. Michelle's car isn't nearly this cool.

They asked if anyone had any preference, and I just said "country." Someone else agreed, and so we started driving out of town, Northwest. Tiffany suggested Waterworks, so we eventually made our way there, but decided we would rather just drive around.. so we started going in the direction of Iowa city (forget what the road is called). We started driving, and listening to Fiona Apple.. It was just peaceful and quiet and beautiful. At that moment, I couldn't think of anything I'd rather be doing. Throughout the drive, several people said they wanted to just lay in a field, and after driving for about 15 minutes, I suggested a certain field.

For those of you that went up to Iowa City on October 2, you'll remember it. It was where we all stopped because Tasha forgot her purse at Sara's. The one carfull, including Tiffany, Quinn, Jenny, Gemma, and myself (I believe), stayed there, waiting for the other car. It was just a beautiful fall day out, and everything was just quiet and perfect. Well, aside the occasional Quinn "this sucks" and others complaining. I probably did some myself, and although I jest about it now.. that is one of my favorite birthday memories of all time. Just sitting on the hood of the car, listening to the crickets chrip, the sun shining down on me, good company, and the beautiful Iowa landscape (never thought Id hear myself say that).. The rest of the day kind of sucked, but.. that had been really nice.

Anyway.. we went to that field and just layed down, talked, made jokes, and looked up at the sky. It was just calm and peaceful. And cold. It was great. Well, aside from the seering pain in my head. That part really sucked. Eventually, Michelle asked if anyone wanted to go home, and although I wanted more than anything to just stay there, my head hurt way too much (I had a migrane :/), so we all drove back into town. They dropped me off first and I went straight to bed when I got in. I don't know if they did anything after, though I'm guessing they did.. Oh well.

And now.. I'm about to go to Open Mic at the library. Fun times.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?