blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

15.2.04

It was sweet like lead paint is sweet


A Valentines Day spent single. But not alone.

In the afternoon, Kelsey invited me to come over and watch anime with her and Molly until Katie's birthday party started. I accepted and got there around 5ish. We all baked cupcakes for a while. We decorated them and sprinkled and such and then went to watch.. Fruits Cake, I believe. Or something like that. Some anime from '96 with the typical generic 90s style of animation I'm not a big fan of, the pacing was shitty, the series didn't get you to like the characters, and the concept was just kooky-japanese. I'm not sure if it was a series or an OAV. It was about people that turn into zodiac animals when they get hugged or something. Had some funny moments.

People then started showing up, and so we turned off the anime and started doing stuff. We milled around and talked and such for a while, fun times with Rachel's valentines, talked, etc. Fun times. Joel came sometime throughout the night (I dont really remember details about the party >_>), and after a while, we went off to walk to the big band thing at morningstar. That was pretty cool - got to know him a bit better. Right as we were about to go inside, Quinn, Jenny, Collin, Nandi, Gemma, and Johnny showed up. We went inside and my mom was working the door, so I ended up getting in for free instead of having to pay Joel back.


These people enjoy swing dancing.

We went into the bar first and met up with some other people there. Sara, Chris P., Lance, Tiffany, and probably others (bad memory) showed up. The bar was really overpriced so I didn't buy anything, but they had free candy hearts, so I had quite a few of those (along with the quite a few from Katie's party), and free tap water. After a bit, we all went into the dance and sat down and talked for a bit. Tiffany eventually got all of us to get up and dance. Joel and Quinn couldn't swing at all, and my skills are.. not great, to say the least, but the only other guy that can do it is Collin, and.. well, his mom teaches swing. Bastard. Anyway, so I danced with Nandi for a while, and then we were about to go get water and..

Pink Panther :D. God I love that song. It was the only thing I really recognized throughout the night more than vaguely, so we went back in and danced to that. After that, we went to the bar again and socialized more. Had fun times writing things on the table with sequins (..right?). Spun candy hearts, had more tap water, and.. well.. i'm sure there was a bit more to it than that. But regardless, it was fun at the dance. We stayed until the end (11), and then we were all going to go somewhere, and the obvious choice was Tiffany's. We all drove there, but Lance, Joel, Tiffany, and I wanted to go to Katie's party.

When we got there, they were watching coupling. I sat down wishing we were actually doing stuff rather than watching a [quite funny] tv show. We watched it for around 2 hours. Joy. I mean, I know I missed most of the real party stuff, but honestly.. if you're going to have a party, don't just watch a movie or a tv show for a long duration.. seriously. I was wanting to leave from halfway through the first episode on, even though I like the show. It's just not what I wanted to do at midnight on a saturday. Eventually, Tiffany took Evan and I home, and I got on the computer for a bit then went to bed. Overall, a very fun night.

Friday was okay. Went cruisin' with Corey and people, and amazingly we got Talon out of the house for the first time in over a month. Choji is so cute :D. We went to Quinn's and.. I don't remember what we did, but eventually we ended up at Tiffany's. Corey left, and thanks to boring conversation and Lisa Matt (shudder.. thanks a lot Joel..), I layed down face down on the floor for 20 minutes. Call it a social experiment. Anyway, after that we went for a walk, and Collin, Jenny, Gemma, and I ended up at Taco Johns. Other people showed up, and we went to Tiffany's again. As far as I recall, we stayed there until everyone went home early.

Today.. I didn't do much. I went on a walk at 5ish with Kelsey, and ended up getting home around 7. I sat around and did nothing till around 9, when Gemma and Nandi showed up fresh from the peace committee. They stayed for about 10 minutes, then had to be home. After that I watched 15 TMBG music videos, and.. well, that's about it.

..sigh. It sucks that I can't actually say anything in here that I want to. Thats what paper journals are for, I suppose.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?