blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

25.7.03

Well that was interesting..


Ok.. So today I sat around for 7 and a half hours for something to do, which, of course, never works, but I can't seem to have fun on my own, so I thought I'd take a walk. I didn't know where to, but I just started walking. I went down a dead end street I'd never been down before, which ended up at the side of the practice field by the school. I enjoyed the view for a while, taking in something from a different angle and realized that our school's grounds and the actual building itself are actually kind of beautiful. I then started down to the stream to revisit a spot that holds a sentimental value to me, when i saw.. a beaver.

Yes. That's right. A beaver.


Yeah. One of these.

I didn't even know beavers lived in Iowa. It was just sitting there. At first I wasn't sure if it was like.. a groundhog or something, so I stared at it for a while from about 100 feet away. Now, I don't really know anything about beavers aside from what I learned on The Angry Beavers, so I didn't know if this thing would let me get near it. So I slowly, very slowly started walking towards it. Probably about 3 or 4 steps every minute. Really slow. The beaver saw me. He kept looking at me, studying me. He didn't seem threatened, because he kept licking himself and scratching. Eventually he sat down. That was cool. I didn't know they could do that. But it was damn cute. Eventually, with my slow steps, I got about 10 feet away from it. That kicked ass. Every once in a while while I approached it twitched so I stopped, but it eventually let me start again. When it ran off finally, it whooshed right into the trees so I didn't get to see much of it's tail, which I only caught a glimpse of once.

Eventually, I explored the entire school grounds and found some things I didn't know were there, and thought up some stories and played them out in my head. Eventually some fat guy started running on the track while I was sitting in the bleachers, so I left. I walked to chitaqua park. I slowly ambled my way around the entire park, just thinking about nothing. It was great. I didn't have to face the reality of my life, I just got to take everything in. Every once in a while I thought about something me-related, but pretty much it was pretty much just nothing. I found a new bridge that they'd built. Last time I had been in the park they were running some pipes over the stream, no signs of a bridge. There were people there, that sucked.. but they left me alone and left after a bit, so that was okay.

Overall it took about 4 hours. 6 to 9. When I was going back, I thought about going straight home, but for some reason I tricked myself into walking down broadway so that I had a chance of seeing Sam and Sable. Well, I walked down broadway and half a block from Sam's, I saw her and Sable walking towards her house. We met up right in front of her driveway, but Sable had to go home, so we waited on the steps until Kali showed up. So then I left after seeing them for about 10 minutes. Then I came back here and did nothing.


Oh well.. at least I saw a beaver..
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?