blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

29.7.03

I want to come to Alderaan with you and become a Jedi


(excuse the geektalk) Collin is just plain wrong on this. The reason "midichlorians" from Episode I: The Phantom Menace are so bad is because it completely destroys the idea of anybody being able to become a Jedi. It makes it an eleetist regime.

When Luke is on Tatooine and is talking to Obi-wan, he implies though what he says to show that with hard work, patience, and perseverance, anyone can become a Jedi. This is especially shown in how he says "You must come to Alderaan with me, if you are to become a Jedi." He has no way of knowing if Luke is force-sensitive or not. If we take the prequels as canon (which I generally don't - they're just one big fanfilm made by Lucas, imo), then Qui-gon had to take Anakin's blood sample to make sure that he was force-sensitive.

That's part of the magic. As a little kid, you dreamt (well.. people like me did, anyway) of becoming a Jedi Knight, and then you learn that there are little things floating around in your blood that tell you if you can move objects around with your mind, influence other's thoughts, fight with lightsabres, etc. Its total crap. Collin thinks that Obi-wan in no way implies that any person could become a Jedi if they wanted to. But he is obviously wrong.

But then again... you can take midichlorians to just show the current condition of your blood. But then that doesn't make sense that Anakin has more than Yoda even though he hasn't been trained and he's 10. Even though he is the chosen one (and yes. he is.) having a count that high with no training doesn't make senese.


Ok.. done with the geeky stuff. An interesting development... my mom bought some "Jaffa Cakes" for some reason.. I had no idea what they were at the time, but back when I went to the IGN messageboards (before they went uber-insider-suck) they were a big joke there. Now I know they really suck. God that stuff is terrible. Who's idea was it to combine jelly and chocolate? Gag.

:D <-- this.. is not how I'm feeling lately. Just though I'd get that out there. I'm just tired all the time.. and it has nothing to do with sleep. I need some sort of change in my life right now, and I just hope school brings that.

Oh yeah.. and I'm a hero! I got Sam's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Red Dwarf Season I DVDs and Collin's Clerks cartoon DVD back from Stephanie's today. Well.. my mom was going to help them finish moving in and I asked her if she could get them. Yay!


..and he waits, and waits, and waits...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?