blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

17.6.03

Well today I did shit, just like yesterday and the rest of the summer (excluding the canoe trip). I'm completely wasting my summer and it really sucks. It is officially half over, I believe. This has been the worst summer of my life, so far. And it's not likely to get any better. I dont know how it was any better before, but it was. It had to have been. Or maybe i've changed, not it.

That's the problem. Everyone else is changing or has already changed except for me. I stayed in the same place and wanted everything to stay with me, but they barrelled on ahead regardless. And this forced me to unwillingly change. I'm not who I wanted to be. I think I was, last year. That was who I had wanted to become for ages and that was good, but slowly I've been realizing that I've changed too much for my own tastes. I don't like myself as much as I did before, but that isn't saying much.

Oooh fuck it.. I'm tired of my own bullshit. I'm going to talk about a movie I just watched.

Logan's Run. Wow, this is a weird ass movie. Some movies age well with time, and some movies do not. This was in the middle, leaning a bit towards not. It seemed very 70s, but also had a really nice style. I wish they would bring back this style, just on a grander scale. Back in the day, they had to change the sets to fit within their budgets. Now we don't have that problem and we have the freedom to do whatever we want to, and so we ignore past influences *cough*Lucas*cough*. On the actual movie part of it, there are some really good ideas in there, but I'm sure they could have been done better. I want to read the book to see what it could look like with some modern vision in there.

I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, but there is a big twist in it (though I was expecting a different twist). I was hoping for a sadder ending. Why can't things end when it seems the most hopeless for the hero and the system goes on like it always has? I love that sort of thing. Not enough movies have bad endings these days. I was watching the movie with Sam, and we made a lot of jokes throughout, so I missed some dialogue and such, so I'm not really going to pass judgement on this movie other than saying that it was very interesting and a really good watch. This movie is something anybody who likes Sci-Fi should watch. I enjoyed it. The plot was very good (though very slow at one point), the sets were really cool, it was deffinately original, and for the 70s, it doesn't look like a half bad future.

I'm going to read 1984 when it gets back into the library (have a copy on my computer, but it's just not the same), and that ought to be a good read, then I'll read some more Sci-Fi classics. I'm sure Sam and my dad could help me in that category. I don't think I've been reading enough in the past year. I've been better lately, but still not as good as I'd like to. I find myself rereading great books instead of finding new ones when I'm bored and looking for something to read.

Erin seemed to have signed onto AIM today. It took me 18 minutes to IM her. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. By the time I did, I figured either it wasn't her that was on, or she was waiting for me to say something to her, because it had been so long and, I don't really think she'd sign on to AIM if she didn't want to talk to me. The only other person she would talk to would be Jessica, and she's never on and they call each other anyway. But.. back to the point. I IMed her and said "Hello." Simply hello. Hey seemed to casual, and hi seemed like a response. Well, turns out someone must have just accidently logged onto AIM on some computer that she used at one point, as she never said anything back. But I don't see how, because they got their hard drive wiped a while back, and she never bothered to redownload AIM on it. Oh well.. it makes me think if I would be able to go up to her and say anything. I mean, in a digital conversation, it took me nearly 20 minutes to say anything to her, and its much easier than talking to someone. Oh well...

My mom is borrowing a printer from someone, and it has a scanner built in. I'm trying to do more art now, mostly in photoshop, so maybe i'll scan some doodles this week and make something real. Hopefully I'll actually start making some products like I've wanted to for a while.

Ugh.. I want something more out of life.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?