blog*spot


LOUIS RICH TURKEY BACON

13.6.03

And here we are again. What to rant about today?

The housing situation. My parents are divorced. Have been for ages, don't really know how long, though. It never really affected me, especially back then. I think my brother was hit by it much more than I was simply because he was older, or maybe he thinks it's his fault or something. In any case, my brother and I were put in legal custody of our mom, but we weren't content to only see our dad once or twice a week. It wasn't fair to him, or to us. Young boys need a father. So, as far as I remember, I came up with the idea that we went to his house for a week, then back to my mom's for the next week and continue with that cycle.

So it never affected me, right? I guess that's what I've always thought. I got used to it and it seemed normal to switch off between them, but recently Sam G. mentioned it in some manner or another and it made me think.

The benefits of it as pretty easy to see. Two households, two different parents, two sets of rules. Everything that I don't like about my moms is different at my dads, and vice versa. My mom has stricter rules, gives me a bedtime and such, makes me do more jobs, is in an inconvenient location, and she is always home. At my dad's, I don't have a room, we have a bit less money for stuff, doesn't really feel like home, my computer isn't there, my dad doesn't cook too well or much, and when he does it's fatty stuff (and I'm trying not to gain any weight). See?

But this is bound to fuck you up. I think one thing that it's done is allowed me not to get to attached to one place. I don't fully think of either as my home, and feel more distant from my parents because of it. It is inconvenient for some things, such as my friends have to memorize two numbers and don't always know which house I'm at. And I always find myself wishing I could go to the other house for some reason. Usually its when my mom comes into my room at 1 and makes me turn the light out, or when I'm stuck on my 56k at my dad's. Just little things that sort of give me a sense of longing.

To most of you, all of this may sound a bit weird and terribly inconvenient, but I've been doing it for years and I'm just used to it. It isn't as bad as it sounds, really. There isn't really too much more to say on this subject, but...

On a similar subject.. what the fuck? My dad moves from this 2.5 bedroom house to this tiny-ass 1 bedroom shithole (well, its actually a nicer house inside than the last one). He tells me we're moving a week before we do. No warning before that. I didn't even know he was thinking of moving. When we're moved in, I have no bedroom. So I sleep on a fucking futon in the living room. A fucking futon. I hate futons. HATE. They're so thin and flat and uncomfortable, and you can feel the wood through them. And I wake up with my back hurting a bit. And my dad is so cheap he won't buy me a good set of sheets for it. The thing doesn't even fit. And I sleep sideways on it because I don't like the feel of the different sections of the futon.. It feels like the bed is in 3 parts (which esentailly it is). UGH.

And so I spend most of my time in the living room. Well.. almost all of it, actually. Think if you had to do that. Luckily my dad is in his room most of the time, so its not like hes always in the room, but he's constantly coming in and out of it to go to the kitchen or outside or to find something or whatever. Tha really fucking sucks. And the only time I mentioned to him how much it sucks he thought I was joking and laughed it off. And get this.. theres a little office place right off of the living room that my dad set up his work computer (which he doesnt use... its not even plugged in), the kitchen table that we never eat at (not once.. and its covered with his papers even if we wanted to), and, basically, he doesn't use it. Hes storing boxes there. I aksed him, no, begged him if I could just have a bed and put it in there with a wall divider and he made some excuse about having a kitchen table and his work stuff, even though his room is really big and he has a big empty desk in there that he could put all his stuff on anyway. And we have wall dividers. I could put a wall divider up and it would almost be like a room. But, no. That's not going to happen.

God my dad's fucking weird..

...No, really. He's weirder than your dad. Everyone agrees.

Well... I'm reading About a Boy right now by Nick Hornby. He also wrote High Fidelity, which I loved in both book and movie form. I also want to read How to be Good by him, but I'm not sure if my library has it. I'd reccomend them if you don't have anything to read, especially if you're a male. And if you're a female, High Fidelity gives amazing insight into the mind of a male, but if you're a guy, you'll constantly find yourself being amazed at how well Nick Hornby knows you.

Well, that's all for this post. But I'll probably write another one by the time I go to sleep (after 1, as I am at my dad's )

I will leave you with scandal. According to google image search, this is, and I quote, "really cool" :



So, google. Pollution is cool? I KNOW YOUR SECRETS!!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?